.
I Shot The Sheriff

I shot the sheriff, but I didn't shoot no deputy
Oh, no, oh

All around in my hometown
They're tryin' to track me down, yeah
They say they want to bring me in guilty
For the killing of a deputy, for the life of a deputy
But I say, oh, now, now...

Oh, I shot the sheriff, but I swear it was in self defense
I said, I shot the sheriff, Oh Lord
And they say it is a capital offense
Hear this

Sheriff John Brown always hated me
For what I don't know
Ev'ry time I plant a seed
He said, "Kill it before it grows."
He said, "Kill them before they grow."

And so, oh, now, now,
Read it in the news

I shot the sheriff, but I swear it was in self defense
Ooh, ooh, ooh
Where was the deputy?
I said I shot the sheriff but I swear it was in self defense

Freedom came my way one day
And I started out of town, yeah!
All of a sudden I saw Sheriff John Brown
Aiming to shoot me down
So I shot, I shot, I shot him down
And I say, if I am guilty I will pay

I shot the sheriff, but I say, but I didn't shoot no deputy
Ooh, no, oh
I shot the sheriff, but I didn't shoot no deputy

Reflexes had the better of me
And what is to be must be
Ev'ry day the bucket a-go-a well
One day the bottom a-go drop out
One day the bottom a-go drop out
I say, I, I, ...

I, I shot the sheriff, but I didn't shoot the deputy, no

----------------------------

Fussing And Fighting

Why's this fussing and a-fighting ?
I wanna know, Lord, I wanna know
Why's this bumping and a-boring ?
I wanna know, Lord, I wanna know now

We should really love each other (love each other)
In peace and harmony (peace and harmony), ooh
Instead, we're fussing and fighting (fussing and fighting)
And them workin' iniquity (... iniquity)

Why's this fussing and a-fighting ?
I wanna know, Lord, I wanna know (... know), I wanna know now
Why's this cheating and backbiting ?
(I wanna know ...) I wanna know, oh, Lord, I wanna know now

(Stop your fussing and fighting, stop your fussing and fighting)

We should really love each other (love each other)
In peace and harmony (peace and harmony)
Instead, instead, we're fussing and fighting (fussing and fighting)
Like we ain't supposed to be (... supposed to be), tell me why

Why's this fussing and a-fighting ?
I wanna know, Lord, I wanna know, someone, please
Why's this (... bumping and ...) bumping and boring ?
(I wanna ...) I wanna know (... I wanna know), Lord, tell me now ...

--------------------------------

Get Up, Stand Up

Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights
Get up, stand up, don't give up the fight

Preacher man don't tell me
Heaven is under the earth
I know you don't know
What life is really worth
It's not all thm glitters is gold
Half the story has never been told
So now you see the light
Stand up for your rights

Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights
Get up, stand up, don't give up the fight

Most people think
Great good will come from the skies
Take away everything
And make everybody feel high
But if you know what life is worth
You would look for yours on earth
And now you've seen the light
You stand up for your rights

--------------------------

No, woman, no cry

No, woman, no cry;
'Cause - 'cause - 'cause I remember when a we used to sit
In a government yard in Trenchtown,
Oba - obaserving the 'ypocrites - yeah! -
Mingle with the good people we meet, yeah!
Good friends we have, oh, good friends we have lost
Along the way, yeah!
In this great future, you can't forget your past;
So dry your tears, I seh. Yeah!

No, woman, no cry;
A little darlin', don't shed no tears:
No, woman, no cry. Eh!

Said - said - said I remember when we used to sit
In the government yard in Trenchtown, yeah!
And then Georgie would make the fire lights,
I seh, logwood burnin' through the nights, yeah!
Then we would cook cornmeal porridge, say,
Of which I'll share with you, yeah!
My feet is my only carriage
And so I've got to push on through.
Oh, while I'm gone,
Everything's gonna be all right!
Everything's gonna be all right, yeah!

So no, woman, no cry;
No, woman, no cry.
I seh, O little - O little darlin', don't shed no tears;
No, woman, no cry, eh.

No, woman - no, woman - no, woman, no cry;
One more time I got to say:
O little - little darlin', please don't shed no tears;
No, woman, no cry
.
-----------------------------

--> The lyrics appeared on paroles-musique.com
.