David Baldinger
.
(Ben Heine © Cartoons)
.
This is a new portrait of my North American friend David Baldinger. He draws brilliant cartoons for the People's Weekly World. You can see his political artwork on his website, his blog or his Deviant Art page Also read the interview I had with him a few months ago...
Keep doing what you do, David, you rock !
.
Me 1966 jpg

David in 1966...
:)
.

Below is the comment David left to this post :

.
Ben, I would argue about the "brilliant" part but I am glad we are friends even over this great distance. The Internet has truly changed the world. Before, I would have been very isolated and unaware of so many great people. I remember growing up as a child out in the countryside of Pennsylvania. I was surrounded by nothing but dairy and horse farms. We had four channels of television--only one of which really opened horizons. That was our Public Broadcasting Service. Through that channel, I was introduced to films from around the world, classical music, art, world animation and great science programs. I consider that channel to have been instrumental in developing my world view. A world view that can see the history and culture of everyone who inhabites this small planet and that the USA is not the center of the universe. I am not a citizen of just the USA, I am a citizen of planet Earth. I am overjoyed that this latest technology has made my personal family so large. I include you, Steve, Dean, Ann, Izzi, Carlos and so many others as my new family. Thank you Ben for honoring me with such a fantastic picture and thank you all, my new family for your constant support and encouragement. Without that support, I don't know if I would continue trying to work through my constant and sometimes debilitating pain. You all make it worthwhile. My greatest wish is that one day I will be able to really meet you all.
.
Thanks for using all these new technologies to spread a global message, David, one day we'll meet for sure.
.