.

I took this photo in the "Palais des Beaux Arts" of Lille, France (I also made the drawing)

I've represented on the paper 3 of my most favorite paintings:

- "The Third of May 1808" by Francisco Goya (the painting is much bigger in the real life)

- "The Birth of Venus" by Sandro Botticelli (the painting is much bigger in the real life)

- "The Gleaners" by Jean-François Millet

The big Eye in the centre of the composition is something I added because what would visual art be without the tool to see it? In my opinion, the human eye and brain and the way we interpret art are even more important than the artworks themselves. The model is my sweet Marta.

----------------

The Eye

By Peter S. Quinn

Here I am or if I am
The eye of seeing all
Some of it is a scam
As it's not on the wall:

3 of paintings favorite
Is a pure fantasy play
1 left out deliberate
The Shooting of 3 May

Eye to see another eye
Of model Marta - my dear
Artists now have a try
And draw a picture of her!

© 2010 - Ben Heine