.
(See it on Flickr)

This is my circlist portrait of Elvis, the King of Rock and Roll. I've always admired him. I wanted to make something unusual and give him the aspect of a solid and invincible robot... but not a real "terminator" because he was especially a romantic man and a cultural icon with one of the most beautiful voices ever...

Please enlarge to see how it's done. I've only used circles of different sizes and colors on a black background. The whole portrait took me several days of intense work. The original image is big (10000 pixels wide). There is no trick, those circles aren't placed automatically, I've positioned each circle one by one (and I've left the yellow background unfinished on purpose). I'll soon post a YouTube video showing all the evolution before arriving to the final result. I'm now going to start a circlist portrait of Freddie Mercury.
.
Making of:


.