.
(A picture taken a bit before San Juan de Ortega)

I started walking the Pilgrimage of Santiago de Compostela ("Way of St. James") in Puente la Reina the 7th of August 2011 and I arrived in Santiago (Galicia, Spain) the 27th of August. I followed the official camino in Logrono. All together, I walked more than 650 km. The landscapes I discovered were breathtaking and changing everyday. I met crazy people on the way. People with a great soul. I took photos every minute. I'll share the best of them shortly. I did this walk for spiritual reasons only and because I needed a break to think about my future.

The Way of St. James has existed for over a thousand years. It was one of the most important Christian pilgrimages during medieval times, together with Rome and Jerusalem. Here below is the "Compostela", a certificate of accomplishment given to pilgrims on completing the Way. I received it when I arrived at the Cathedral of Santiago. It's in Latin! Call me "Beniaminum" from now on! :)
.