(Note : This is a portrait of Mona. She is a painter and sculptor, some of her works can be seen here. The nine-pointed star is a symbol used by Bahá'í worshippers as a sign of their Faith. More on the Bahá'í Faith)
.
I Will Greet
The Sun Again

.
By Forugh Farrokhzad (*)

I will greet the sun again;
I will greet the streams which flowed in me;
I will greet the clouds which were
my lengthy thoughts;
I will greet the painful growth of poplars
Which pass through the dry seasons;
I will greet the flocks of crows
Which brought me, as presents,
The sweet smells of the fields at night;
I will greet my mother who lived in the mirror
And was the image of my old age;
And I will also greet the earth whose burning womb
Is filled with, green seeds by the passion she has
for reproducing me.

I will come, I will come,
I will come with my hair,
As the continuation of the smells of the soil;
With my eyes, as the dense experiences of darkness,
Carrying the bushes I have picked in the woodlands
beyond the wall.

I will come, I will come,
I will come and the entrance will be filled with love;
And at the entrance I will greet again
those who are in love,
And also the girl who is still standing
At the entrance in diffusion of love.


(*) Forugh Farrokhzad (1935 - 1967) was an Iranian poetess and film director. Forugh Farrokhzad, Parvin E'tesami and Simin Behbahani are usually considered the most famous modern female poets of Iran. Forugh Farrokhzad was mainly under the influence of Ebrahim Golestan, a notable Iranian scholar. More on Forugh Farrokhzad. Poem's source : Artarena

Creative Commons License