Tiff Randol
.

.
Tiff Randol is an American singer and musician. She recently contacted me to share her musical project. She is currently living in California to work on a project she called "The Polyamorous Collection". Instead of producing the CD and releasing it all at once, she is releasing the collection in stages.

Every month of 2009 she is putting out one song, and three times a week she is putting out a video blog to chronicle her journey. It's an exploration of love, sex and romance. More than that, it's a story about how she is changing and growing as an artist.

You can take a look at the video collection here on her website. I just love what she's doing!

.
She presents herself:
.

I was a wild child, running around naked at 4am every night blasting records on my fisher price record player. Playful, intense, sensitive – a typical scorpio.

It’s about the same now only a couple decades later.

Got my feet wet playing rocknroll in new york. Played a lot of fantastic shows, ran around in caution tape, dove off a drumset into a jello pit and had a blast.

While I was having the time of my life — I wasn’t satisfied. I felt trapped. There was more I wanted to express, so I took a step back, did some soul searching and decided I wanted to make a solo record.

I didn’t think I could. I felt totally paralyzed.

I didn’t have the money
I didn’t have the experience
I didn’t have
I didn’t have

Then I realized it was all bullshit and I was just afraid to make a mistake. One of the things I think makes art beautiful are the mistakes with brilliant recovery that people call accidents or miracles, not to mention that one of my favorite sayings is “Be Afraid and Act Anyway”.

So I got off my high horse, decided to have a go at it in my home studio and had the most amazing experience of my life. I felt like i was three again. I could care less about trying to please anyone or do it right. All that mattered was playing. I got a new sense of freedom and self expression. I felt like i crawled out of a cocoon. During that time in the studio I produced “Kiss Me Kiss Me” and a slew of new songs, which led to an idea to create something a little different than a typical album.

2009 is a new year and I decided to make it a blank canvas for a collection of songs, videos, and art. The title of the collection is “Polyamorous” and it explores the world of love, sex, and romance. I’ll be releasing one song a month, video blogs, music videos, and art. I’m recording and filming as I go - definitely a challenge, but a fun one. The title “Polyamorous” was inspired when i stumbled upon the word and fell in love with it. It was inspired by many people and many experiences, hence the tub of lemons ;)

poly- (päl′i, -ə, -ē) 1. many, more than one and amo·rous (am′ə rəs) 1. full of love 2. in love; enamored

To me polyamorous represents our ability to fall in love with everyone on the planet. What a nice place it would be if we were all polyamorous. This collection is dedicated to that part of you that screams freedom, unconditional love, and play.

.

.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]