(See it on DeviantArt)

This portrait took me some 9 days of intense work (please see some details and the making below). It is exclusively made with "flat circles" on a black background. I first made a photomontage using several references, then a digital painting and I finally applied my digital circlist technique (I placed each circle one by one, there is no automatic process). Every circle has a different color, a different tone and a different size. It's a time consuming method.

I wanted this image to reflect Eminem's personality. He may be a controversial and provocative singer, I think he's an extremely clever and interesting person, he always comes up with some completely amazing stuff, with new, powerful and unexpected lyrics and melodies. He is a poet of modern times.


Making (click to enlarge):


Some details:


© 2011 - Ben Heine